A few weeks ago, I was nominated for my first blogging award by Cat from The Struggle to be a Writer that Writes. Thank you, Cat!
The rules for the Liebster are to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 questions they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the guidelines the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers so other people can find out how awesome they are.
Here are the answers to the fabulous questions given to me by Cat. I hope you enjoy finding out a little more about me.
1. What’s your most significant childhood memory?
There are many, but I’ll pick a good one – as a young teenager I would write stories for my sisters about a town called Oakley. I never that over 15 years later I would be writing about Oakley again and self-publishing my books.
2. What is the one thing you want to do most before you die?
I’d love to visit Machu Picchu – it ‘s a 15th century inca site in Cusco, Peru. It looks out of this world
3. Do you have a favourite magazine?
I don’t buy them that often, but Better Homes and Gardens is probably my favourite – good recipes, design tips and craft ideas
4. What do you think is the best thing about having children?
Seeing their excited faces when I arrive home from work
5. What’s the worst thing about having children?
When they have gastro – need I say more
6. What do you do in order to relax?
Lie on the couch and watch TV – my current favourite show is Downton Abbey
7. Is there someone you really hate – and why?
I can’t think of any ‘real’ people that I hate – Does Thomas from Downton Abbey count?
8. If you could live anywhere else, where would this be?
The South Island of New Zealand would be a beautiful place to live – stunning natural beauty, although pity about the earthquakes!
9. Is there a particular job that you wish you could excel at?
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a famous singer when I grew up. I still sing, but only at church.
10. Are you a cat or dog person?
Neither – but if I have to pick one, I’ll go with ‘cat’
11. How would you define love?
Caring so much for someone that you would be willing to give your life for them so that they might live.
Phew, that was tough. Now for my 11 questions…
What was your childhood dream?
- What one piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
- If you had $5, how would you spend it (on yourself)?
- What is your favourite TV show or movie?
- What meal do you cook the best out of anyone you know?
- Who do you most admire and why?
- What is your pet hate?
- What habit do you have that drives other people crazy?
- What is something that made you smile in the past week?
- When was the last time you cried?
- If you had 1 spare hour in your day, how would you use it?
And now for my nominees:
- Hillary’s angel – words of wisdom from a woman I admire
- Flipping the page – four really cool sisters sharing honest book reviews
- I am Karlie – breath of fresh air
- Anne Orchard – inspiring authors to keep at it
- Juliet Madison – newly published Aussie author and a lovely lady
- More to come…